We don’t eat it very often, but I do love to make pizza. Today I’m sharing with you a simple, go-to pizza dough recipe I use that works every time. You don’t have to wait an hour or more for it to rise, and it only requires a few ingredients.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast (1/2 packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
Mix all dry ingredients and then add water; combine thoroughly. Knead for 5 minutes and then let rise for another 5 minutes. Roll dough out onto greased pizza pan and pre-bake crust at 375° ’til almost completely done. Add toppings and bake again until toppings are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- For pizza sauce, I buy a big can of crushed tomatoes at Aldi (it’s about 28 oz. for .99$ — much cheaper than premade pizza sauce) and I just add Italian seasonings to it.
- Grated cheese, lots of it!
- Chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, olives, and pepperoni (and anything else you can think of that would taste good).